Monday 14 May 2012

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

I finished this book last weekend and only now do I have the energy to write anything about it.  I didn't like it at all. The first third of the book was OK, but then it just went  rapidly downhill from there.   I just feel indifferent about it and the way it is marketed as a 'typically British, humourous book'  is just insulting. Parts of it were so cringeworthy I just don't know how it was ever allowed to be printed.

Finishing it was a chore, as I think it must have been for the writer Paul Torbay. Although it was supposed to be a satire I just found it grey, boring and slightly irritating. God only knows what they must have done to this book to make it worth turning into a movie. All I know is I sure am NOT going to watch it!  I can't even get too emotional and 'rantish' in true Jane fashion about why I didn't like it. It was just dull...dull...dull.  Yawn.
(Sorry Catherine Weller if you read this, hope you enjoy/are enjoying it FAR more than me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment