Saturday 16 March 2013

The One Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

Right, I've finished it!  That was a big thick book and to be honest I'm glad it's over.  By the end I had had enough and had lost interest in the characters but the first half of the book was EXCELLENT.  I loved the story with the suitcase and the criminals  and the hard drinking in the forest and the elephant and the hot dog seller. If this book were shorter it would have been fabulous but to be honest I just lost the will to live by the end and even now 12 hours later I'm beginning to forget what the story was about!
In fact I don't really know what this book was about. It was just whimsical, fluffy stuff which went no where.  A bit like a written version of Forest Gump.  I sound harsh because parts of it were funny but to be honest not funny enough...maybe Swedish humour is just lost on me.
I feel happy that its finished and I can move onto something else. I hate it when a book starts really well and then just goes downhill. I'm left reading hoping that it will pick up again.  Unfortuately this book didn't, it just run out of steam!



No comments:

Post a Comment