Friday 12 April 2013

The Fast Diet







I read this this evening. It took me one sitting to digest this and yes, I was fascinated.  I'm also bloody starving as I have started this 5:2 diet today.  I'm not into diets at all but yesterday I ate enough for 4 people so even if I don't continue the famine at least I have slightly readdressed the balance.
This book was a sane, logical argument in favour of restricting calorie intake (500 for women) on two days a week. The other 5 you can eat what you want to. It sounds easy.  I'm sure it isn't. But the  benefits seem immense according to the book.  I'm not sure about the benefits in reality! Today I have had 2 weetabix, 1 tea with milk, a miso soup and a salad and lots of herbal tea. I have been teaching  teenagers and this afternoon I was climbing around cleaning all the classroom white boards.  I feel BLOODY STARVING AND KNACKERED!  I have decided to come to bed early for a change and hopefully fall asleep soon. I really want some wine to knock me out.  Luckily I don't have any.
It.ll be worth it though because if I keep this diet up I might live to be 140 years old with no dementia. Now,that will be fun! Being so old and remembering with perfect clarity all the days I spent eating BUGGER ALL.  can't wait!  Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment