Monday 27 April 2015

The Various Haunts of Men

 This book was awful. A total waste of time. The only joy I have in writing this is that this copy cost 9p from Help the Aged Charity shop. A bloody ridiculous price. I didn't help the aged much did I? but they had the last laugh because I was dragged down into a grim, surreal 'Little England' reading this nonsense. I was forced to finish it because I needed to find out who the murderer was. I think Susan Hill cast an evil spell over me and forced me to waste valuable hours reading this tripe. I got dragged down into a totally unsatisfying, boring and badly plotted story. Don't ever read this!!
I think my love of decent crime series on TV like the Bridge and the Killing have set my standards really high and books like this are just a total disappointment. I'm going to give it back to Help the Aged!!  Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment