Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Leopard


My god, I'm on a Harry Hole binge! I don't know what it is but I love curling up in my bed all alone in my house  and reading about my hero, Harry Hole and his amazing fight against Norway's sadistic serial killers.  Along the way I enjoyed learning about a torture device, which astounded me in its creativity and foulness.   ( I have since found out that this supremely awful torture  device was totally created in the mind of Jo Nesbo, respect to you and your over imaginative sense of depravity. You sick man.) 
This book is just 007 on speed,( well actually, heroin and Jim Beam. ) Suspend your disbelief and enjoy the ride. This is the best way to deal with traffic problems on the A34 ( as well as under the covers at midnight.) total immersion into the dark side of life amongst the druggies of Hong Kong, via the depavity of the Congo and the worst sick psychos of Norway.  I loved how the snow and avalanches of Northern Europe could be utilised so well for depositing bodies along with the bubbling volcanos of Goma, in the Congo. Honestly, budding psycho killers of Bicester have no chance to deposit bodies so well. 
 ( Maybe Ardley tip...) 
Harry I love you and your 'armoured heart' ,the best sentence in the book contains  the original Norwegian title. 
This read is so cinematic, but never, never, never, will it be filmed as well or as enjoyably as what I gained from reading this over the past week and a half. Pure mad exhilaration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment