Tuesday 12 January 2016

How to be Both

I hated this book.  I hated this book so much I have stopped reading it.  I hated it so much I don't even want to waste time writing about it.   Critics loved it, raved about it, swooned over it.  All I can say is WTF?   Did they really read it?  It is pretentious bollocks...the only thing I might have learnt is that I should maybe look at a piece of art in a gallery for longer before deciding I don't like  it and that just because there are words on a page it doesn't mean they actually mean anything.   I decided today that half of the book is enough. I have stopped reading it after the end of the first story.  I skim read the second half and got nothing but eye strain. I have since found out that different versions have the two stories printed in the opposite order.  What a bloody gimmick.
    I have realised, thanks in part to my friend Tanya, that life is far too short to waste on shite books.  For gods sake, I only have about enough time in my life to read about 0.000001% of the books I would like to read.  So this is going in my charity bag.  The one thing I have learnt here in spades is JANE, DONT get swayed by critics.  On the plus side it only cost me a quid from a charity shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment