Tuesday 2 February 2016

Headhunters


After my last intense read it was pretty cool to curl up in my bed and read this book literally from start to finish in one big book binge. I do have a soft spot for Jo Nesbo, if that is the right word.  I find his world view of a place infested with super sickos a comforting read and I'm secretly in love with the alcoholic, dark, twisted genius of a detective called Harry Hole but this book didn't have Harry Hole in it.  INfact this book was not about the murder of vulnerable women but rather about repellant guys who are out to kill each other. ( not quick enough in my opinion!) Guys with egos the size of rhinos and personalities the size of shrivelled nuts.  Everyone in this book was FOUL but that was part of its ridiculous charm, how revolting everyone was.  Parts of it were funny though, if you are prone to laughing at sick jokes and find toilet humour amusing, which obviously I do! 
  I'm glad I finished it in a night though.  I wouldn't have wanted it hanging around in my vicinity for too long.
This book is  Nesbo at his weakest but still a total page turner for me. I hated everyone but still needed to know what was going to happen to them.  I think  I'll just stick to my Harry Hole addiction in the future!  But  I'll give Nesbo the benefit of the doubt. For some unexplained reason I just love reading the sick, twisted nonsense he writes about. I find it incredibly funny and parts of this book did make me howl with laughter!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment