Saturday 21 July 2012

Catching Fire and Mockingjay


What can I say about these two books. The first Hunger Games Book was OK, an interesting read really. But my God, these two are complete drivel. I finished the second really quickly hoping the final instalment would be better but I have just abandoned it. The characters, storyline, love triangle crap and whiny main character are just too much for me. 
Everything is rushed, explained badly and totally unconvincing. NO, this is not because I am too old to read these books. that's just insulting to teenagers and me. It's because the books have been quickly churned out to make a profit from innocent readers on the back of the first book. Characters are  made from cardboard/tissue paper and the different zones of tyranny are just farcical.
 Everything just takes a back seat to Katniss whining on. Katniss, the feisty main character, ends up being so pathetic. It's ended up mirroring what happened to Bella in the Twilight series. Why do these girls become so bloody useless?! 

Maybe I am being too serious and hard on these books but I really don't think so.  I read for pleasure and there was no pleasure to be found here! In fact the problem was this poor author was actually trying to get a serious point across about 'freedom, love and war and stuff '. But labouring it all in such a naff way it just turned to complete mush. 
I hope she is happier and richer now she has finally been released from the tyranny and torment of writing this dross.

No comments:

Post a Comment