Saturday 30 May 2015

the Forgotten Waltz


A well written book. Yes, I liked it but god, it was dark. Based around the adultery of two married people. Anne Enright is a great writer and the character of Gina is really well described and you really get into her head but hey, I really didn't like her.  She is one of those woman I would just not get on with, so for a few days it's been really weird to be in her head. Normally I need to like a character to get on with a book but this time I didn't.  everyone was just obsessed by money and things and having stuff. but Gina is incredibly honest. As her life falls apart she knows exactly what she is doing and she doesn't give a damn.  
This book is so honest it almost feels like it isn't a book.  The writing style is like you are in the head of this incredibly lonely and selfish 34 year old woman. A grim book about nasty people. To be honest I'm glad it was short and that I can move onto something else soon.  i have to stop reading depressing books.  Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment